November 15, 2019
Join us this Sunday morning for worship at 10:00 am
Wednesday Night Recovery Ministry
6:00 pm – Free Meal| 6:30 pm Worship| Small Groups following Worship
516 N Main Street – Hillsville
Operation Christmas Child – Your filled shoe boxes are due back this Sunday! For more information on how to pack a Shoe Box, visit: https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/pack-a-shoe-box/
OOTBWC will be a drop off site again this year and Ben Shaw needs volunteers to help during Shoe Box Collection Week November 18th – 25th. Contact Ben if you can help.
Outreach Ministry – Brenda Harmon is organizing community outreach and/or fundraising and will be having a planning meeting this Sunday 11/17 following the worship service. Lunch will be served. Contact Brenda Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Young Adults – Amanda and David Adams are launching the Young Adult Ministry at OOTBWC with a party on Nov 17th at 6pm. All young adults are invited. See Amanda and David if you have any questions.
SPR Team Meeting – Monday, Nov 18th at 6pm at OOTBWC
Combined Finance Team and Church Council Meeting – Monday, Nov 18th at 7pm at OOTBWC
Join us on Sunday night, 12/22 at 6pm for a Christmas Service – we will have special music a message and communion.
Active Life Groups you can join now:
- Sunday Morning Bible Study 11:15am – led by Vickie & Tom Pluer. This group is meeting in the lobby on Sunday at OOTBWC
- Sunday Afternoons 4pm – at Lindsay Compton’s House in Hillsville – led by Kevin Harrod
- Tuesdays at 6:00pm – Jimmy and Jackie Surratt’s House – 1208 Maple Drive, Hillsville
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm – Cathy and Freddy Combs House -1434 Sandy Ridge Road – Cana
- Wednesdays at 6:00pm – Meal, Worship and Recovery Group led by Kevin Harrod, Life Hurts Small Group, Men’s and Women’s Groups at Out of the Box Worship Center
- Thursdays at 6pm– David & Tammy Payne’s House – 100 Messers St – Galax
We have an Activity Group that has started meeting monthly. They are planning fun activities to do in the area. If you are interested in joining or have any questions, see Joe Mina, Tonya Fox and Lisa Choate . This group will meet about once a month.
These are small groups of people who meet in homes or at the church and are growing together by studying the Word and supporting each other.
Don’t Just Come to Church, Come to Life. Join a Life Group!
Recovery Ministry – Wednesdays at Out of the Box Worship Center
6:00pm Light Meal – in the lobby area
6:30pm Children’s Ministry, Worship and Recovery Message
Life Groups following Worship
If you would like to donate food items or volunteer to help with the Recovery Meal on Wed nights, contact Margaret Martin at email@example.com
Youth – meet on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm for Worship and Bible Study at OOTBWC. This group is for Middle School through High School age. Contact Ben Shaw if you have any questions.
The youth are going to Resurrection in Jan and they are raising money to cover the cost of the cabin, food and gas. You can sponsor a Youth for $100 to help cover these expenses. Make a check payable to OOTBWC and write Youth Sponsorship-Rez20 on the memo line and place in the offering or mail to P O Box 1762, Hillsville, VA 24343.
Children’s Ministry Life Groups available on Sunday mornings during the 2nd service.
- Nursery – Crib Nursery is located in the lobby of the worship center for babies. Nursery is available during both morning worship services for parent use
- Toddler Nursery – “Peeps” is located upstairs and is for toddlers up to Kindergarten during the 2nd service
- Children’s Church/Loft for K – 5th Grade – meets during the 2nd service upstairs over the worship center
Table Grace Food Pantry– The Food Pantry will be on an “as needed” basis. Please let one of the Pastors or Kevin Harrod at 276-266-0264 know if someone is in need. The Food Pantry is in need of groceries and monetary donations.
Tithe.ly – Online giving is simple and easy with Tithe.ly.
Christian Gomez – Out of the Box Worship Center sponsors a child, Christian Gomez, through Compassion International. It takes $38.00 a month to provide needs such as food, medical care, schooling, and most importantly providing God’s Word! A box is located at the Information Desk in the lobby with a picture of our child! We welcome you to drop loose change, a dollar, or whatever amount you would like to to help us meet our monthly goal of $38.00.
People are needed to Serve are needed in all ministry areas at Out of the Box Worship Center. Check the Opportunities to Serve page on the website. We especially need volunteers for the Sound Desk on Sunday mornings and Wed night Recovery. See Kerry Harmon if you are interested.