October 11, 2019
Join us this Sunday morning for worship at 9am & 10:30am
Wednesday Night Recovery Ministry
6:00 pm – Free Meal| 6:30 pm Worship| Small Groups following Worship
516 N Main Street – Hillsville
Youth Fundraiser – Saturday, October 12th at 6pm, the youth will be sponsoring a Rook Tournament to help raise money for their trip to Resurrection in Jan 2020. The cost will be $10.00 to play Rook and there will be a meal served of Baked Ziti, Salad, Homemade Rolls and Dessert. The youth will be cooking the meal and accepting donations. Let Ben Shaw know if you are planning to attend.
Finance Team – Monday, 10/21 at 6pm
Church Council- Monday, 10/21 at 7pm
Charge Conference – Wednesday, 10/30 at 6pm at FUMC Hillsville
Church Work Day – Saturday, 11/2 from 8am until 2pm. We are having another clean up and work day at the church and we need people to show up and help us get the church cleaned up and organized.
Operation Christmas Child – We will have shoe boxes available for you to take home and fill with small items and gifts. Shoe boxes are due back on Sunday, November 17th. For more information on how to pack a Shoe Box, visit: https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/pack-a-shoe-box/
OOTBWC will be a drop off site again this year and Ben Shaw needs volunteers to help during Shoe Box Collection Week November 18th – 25th. Contact Ben if you can help.
Active Life Groups you can join now:
- Sunday Morning Bible Study 10:30am – led by Vickie & Tom Pluer. This group is meeting in the lobby on Sunday during the 2nd Service at Out of the Box Worship Center
- Sunday Afternoons 4pm – at Lindsay Compton’s House in Hillsville – led by Kevin Harrod
- Tuesdays at 6:00pm – Jimmy and Jackie Surratt’s House – 1208 Maple Drive, Hillsville
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm – Cathy and Freddy Combs House -1434 Sandy Ridge Road – Cana
- Wednesdays at 6:00pm – Meal, Worship and Recovery Group led by Kevin Harrod, Life Hurts Small Group, Men’s and Women’s Groups at Out of the Box Worship Center
- Thursdays at 6pm– David & Tammy Payne’s House – 100 Messers St – Galax
We have an Activity Group that has started meeting monthly. They are planning fun activities to do in the area. If you are interested in joining or have any questions, see Joe Mina, Tonya Fox and Lisa Choate . This group will meet about once a month.
These are small groups of people who meet in homes or at the church and are growing together by studying the Word and supporting each other. We have someone wanting to host a group
but looking for a leader/facilitator and people who are interested in attending. Please contact Frances Brown if you are interested. firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t Just Come to Church, Come to Life. Join a Life Group!
Recovery Ministry – Wednesdays at Out of the Box Worship Center
6:00pm Light Meal – in the lobby area, outside, etc.
6:30pm Children’s Ministry, Worship and Recovery Message
Life Groups following Worship
If you would like to donate food items or volunteer to help with the Recovery Meal on Wed nights, contact Margaret Martin at email@example.com
Youth – meet on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm for Worship and Bible Study at OOTBWC. This group is for Middle School through High School age. Contact Ben Shaw if you have any questions.
Children’s Ministry Life Groups available on Sunday mornings during the 2nd service.
- Nursery – Crib Nursery is located in the lobby of the worship center for babies. Nursery is available during both morning worship services for parent use
- Toddler Nursery – “Peeps” is located upstairs and is for toddlers up to Kindergarten during the 2nd service
- Children’s Church/Loft for K – 5th Grade – meets during the 2nd service upstairs over the worship center
Table Grace Food Pantry– The Food Pantry will be on an “as needed” basis. Please let one of the Pastors or Kevin Harrod at 276-266-0264 know if someone is in need. The Food Pantry is in need of groceries and monetary donations.
Tithe.ly – Online giving is simple and easy with Tithe.ly.
Christian Gomez – Out of the Box Worship Center sponsors a child, Christian Gomez, through Compassion International. It takes $38.00 a month to provide needs such as food, medical care, schooling, and most importantly providing God’s Word! A box is located at the Information Desk in the lobby with a picture of our child! We welcome you to drop loose change, a dollar, or whatever amount you would like to to help us meet our monthly goal of $38.00.
People are needed to Serve are needed in all ministry areas at Out of the Box Worship Center. Check the Opportunities to Serve page on the website. We especially need volunteers for the Sound Desk on Sunday mornings and Wed night Recovery. See Kerry Harmon if you are interested.
Facility Use – if you would like to reserve the Worship Center, contact Cathy Sizemore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email announcements to Cathy Sizemore at email@example.com.