July 28, 2011
- Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes – we are collecting Sidewalk Chalk in July; a basket is provided in the foyer.
- Bible School starts Tonight! – July 31st – August 5th at OOTBWC and OOTB Youth Center each evening from 6pm – 9pm. Volunteers and teachers need to be here by 4pm this afternoon.
- VBS & Church Cook Out/Fun Night August 5, 2011 to close VBS. Hotdogs will be provided but please bring a covered dish, lawn chair, and drinks. If anyone has question they can contact April Iroler. email@example.com
- SOHO Ministry – Step Out/Help Out is an avenue for people, who have a talent, time, or ability to share with others, to “Step Out” and let people know they want to “Help Out” a neighbor. We are surrounded by a world that is hurting and in need. Contact Brenda Harmon if you want to be part of this ministry. http://sohoministry.wordpress.com/
- FIFTH SUNDAY – Some of the children who live at Holston United Methodist Home for Children had never been to church or never had a positive experience in church before they came there to live. You can witness to them by helping to provide their care in a loving, Christian environment. Holston Home is making a difference for these children. Please be generous with your FIFTH SUNDAY gift to Holston Home.
- Outdoor Leisure Ministry – Aug 6th day trip to Charlotte Water Park.
Cary and Kathleen Simms are leading a day trip to the U.S. National Whitewater Center in Charlotte! Only $49 for unlimited activities! Whitewater Rafting, Canyon Crossing, Climbing, Mega Zip, Mega Jump, Mountain Biking, Adventure Course, Climb 2 Zip, Flat water Kayaking, Whitewater Kayaking, Stand-Up Paddle Boarding and Eco Trekking. We’ll meet at the church at 8:30 am in the main parking lot at FUMC on Fulcher Street. Return to the church that evening. To see details and sign up go to this website: www.meetup.com\SW-Virginia-Outdoor-Adventures.
- BAPTISM – 8/14/11 – more details will be posted later. Contact Pastor Ronnie if you would like to be baptized on this date.
- E-Newsletter – Will be published Monday 8/1. Stay connected to what is going on at OOTBWC and FUMC Hillsville!
How do you sign up?
Go to OOTBWC Facebook Page and click on the E-Newsletter Sign Up Tab:
Sign up on the OOTBWC Website – www.fumcoutofthebox.com. Go to the Connect Tab, select OOTBWC online from the drop down menu. Click on the sign-up form at the bottom of the screen.
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org & ask to be signed up!
Fill out a connection card on Sunday morning and check the box –
Please add me to the mailing list for the E-Newsletter
Put your name and email address down on the sign up form on the information table in the lobby at OOTBWC.
More information and signup sheets are on the information table in the lobby. Also, check the website for more details. fumcoutofthebox.com and hillsvillefumc.com