July 15, 2011
- FUMC Missions in Nicaragua is having a fellowship meal this Sunday after church. Come send-off the team and give them your blessing! All team members will be present to meet & chat with the church family. The meal is a potato bar and cost is donation.
- Fabulous Fridays for summer fun at FUMC Fulcher St location. Children of all ages are invited for a fun evening of worship and play each Friday until 7/29. Children under 3 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
July 22: Outdoor Movie night
July 29: Water night finale (water games, water slides, water
balloons) and make your own ice cream sundae
- Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes – we are collecting Sidewalk Chalk in July; a basket is provided in the foyer.
- Pulaski Relief Needs – Monetary Donations – Non-Perishable Food – Building Materials. See Pastor Ty Harrison.
- Bible School – July 31st – August 5th at OOTBWC and OOTB Youth Center each evening from 6pm – 9pm. The theme will be “Inside Out and Upside Down on Main Street: Where Jesus makes a difference every day!” April Iroler is the leader and we need volunteers and crew leaders. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 276-233-7413 or 276-728-4118 if you are interested in helping with Bible School or check the website at: http://fumcoutofthebox.com/vbs
- VBS needs Snacks and Volunteers – sign-up sheet is on information table in lobby. Contact Tonya Williams 276-728-0402, 276-277-7404, email@example.com
- Clothing Drive – We will be collecting gently used/new clothes, shoes & toys for the next few weeks to be given out to people in our community who could use them. Also, if anyone in our church family could use them just let us know. You can drop the clothes off either at FUMC-Hillsville location or OOTBWC. If you have any questions or need more info please contact: Tonya Williams 276-733-7404 or Misty Collins 276-733-9025.
- SOHO Ministry – Step Out/Help Out is just getting started and is an avenue for people, who have a talent, time, or ability to share with others, to “Step Out” and let people know they want to “Help Out” a neighbor. We are surrounded by a world that is hurting and in need. Contact Brenda Harmon if you want to be part of this ministry. http://sohoministry.wordpress.com/
More information and signup sheets are on the information table in the lobby. Also, check the website for more details. fumcoutofthebox.com and hillsvillefumc.com