April 13, 2011
Dear Church Family, 1st UMC Hillsville-Out of the Box Worship Center UMC
What a blessing it is to pastor a generous congregation. You always come to the aid of those in need. Locally, nationally and internationally, the people of FUMC Hillsville-Out of the Box give the love of Christ in so many ways.
Many of you remember the Cleaning Buckets that we have collected in the past for flood victims of both Katrina and Nashville. Well, we already had on hand well over 100 cleaning buckets that may well be used for the tornadoe victims of Pulaski county. So, as your pastor I am asking that along with the ongoing collection of items that are being sent on a weekly basis, that families and groups within the church come together to collect items to make up more Cleaning Buckets to restock our supply. Attached is a list of the contents of a bucket and an estimated cost of $55. Often people are able to find these items at a reduced price.
FUMC Hillsville at 225 Fulcher Street is serving as a collection site for all items being collected for this need. Please bring donations to the stage area of the Fellowship Hall.
Cleaning Bucket Kit Items
Value: $55 per bucket.
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid
Buckets from fast food restaurants or bakeries can be used if washed and cleaned.
Do not use buckets that have stored chemicals such as paint or pool cleaner.
- liquid laundry detergent (two 25 oz. or one 50 oz. bottles only)
- liquid household cleaner 12-16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water – no spray cleaners
- dish soap 16-28 oz. bottle, any brand
- 1 can air freshner aerosol or pump
- 1 insect repellant spray 6 – 14 oz. aerosol spay pump with protective cover
- 1 scrub brush plastic or wooden handle
- 18 cleaning wipes handi wipes or reusable wipes, no terry cleaning towels, remove from packaging
- 7 sponges remove from wrapper
- 5 scouring pads remove from wrapper
- 50 clothespins remove from packaging
- clothesline two 50ft. or one 100ft. cotton or plastic
- 24 roll heavy duty trash bags remove from the box
- 5 dust masks
- 2 pair disposable kitchen gloves rubber or latex, remove from packaging
- 1 pair work gloves cotton or leather
Place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket fitting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins and trash bags can be separated in order to fit all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
‐All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid.
‐All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders please.
‐If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.