April 11, 2011
- 1. You have the opportunity to be a real-time extension of your pastor’s voice while he/she is communicating God’s word. You and your pastor can do some tag team teaching while you are being fed all at the same time.
- 2. If the pastor shares something that moves you, inspires you or changes your life, there is a good chance it will have the same impact on the lives of some of your Twitter followers as well. Here is a tweet awhile back from Pastor Steven Furtick — “Preaching recently I noticed the crowd was too busy tweeting to verbally respond. Click clack is the new amen.”
- 3. When Jesus said: Go into all the world and preach the Gospel… “All The World” applies to the Internet world, as well as the Twitter World. Do your part by going into all the Twitter World, tweeting the Good News.
- 4. You will have a stored database of your compelling thoughts and notes, from your favorite sermons. Use a #hashtag to keep up with the information that you share.
- 5. Many times people suffer from (SADD) Sermon Attention Deficit Disorder. So instead of just wandering off into space, simply wander off into the space of the World Wide Web. It’s better use of your time Twittering great thoughts, instead of drawing on the back of offering envelops.
Some people including pastors get upset and complain about these new age people being a distraction when they are using their mobile phone Bible and Twittering in Church. I think doodling on the offering envelopes is more distracting… Hmm I have not seen a big push to remove those offering envelopes from the church.
Thou Shall Twitter In Church, Remember God’s Omnipresence applies to Twitter as well. Get Your Tweet On!
What do you think about Twittering In Church?