August 20, 2010
However, we are taking a strong look at a 9:30 to 9:45 worship time, for the following reasons.
- “It has been tried, tested, and proven to be a number one spot for new church/worship starts across the country.” Anna Gail Workman, Coach
- It allows for the person/family, who has to work at 11am, noon, 1pm to attend a worship service and still be at work on time.
- It allows families with children to attend an early service, not get the children up so early to attend an earlier service and still meet work commitments of 11am, noon, and 1pm.
- 1st UMC Hillsville already offers 8:30am, 11am, and 6:30pm. We are not reaching 78 percent of the county population at these times. This is a good reason to set another option on time.
- The SPR has said we have 2 Pastors, one is expected to be in the pulpit on Sunday morning at all times. This allows for the Sr. Pastor and the planting pastor to cover all three services when one is out for vacation, family emergency, etc.
- This allows for the Sr. Pastor to come downtown and help with services at various times as well as allowing the planting pastor to have a presence at 1st Hillsville more often.
- We are not aware of another 9:30 service time in our community.
- The two coaches hired by Holston Conference have recommended this time slot as an ideal time.